A woven carry-all to use all summer round, this Chaguar clutch bag from Andina Argentina is stunning color combination of green, ivory and brown. Versatile yet dressy, you can't go wrong with this neutral handbag.
- Handwoven by the Wichi Community in Formosa, Argentina
- Made entirely from Chaguar, a plant from the Gran Chaco region.
- Chaguar threads are woven using ancient techniques.
- Each product is handmade and unique
- Colors: Ivory or Multi (green, ivory and brown)
- Measurements: 10.5" or 11.5" H x 9" W (each bag is handmade- sizing is individual)
Andina is the shared vision of three women, Caroline Elizondo, Catalina Elizondo and Celeste Bustelo. At the core of Andina’s design aesthetic is their shared admiration for natural textiles, all things handmade and the distinct Argentinian style. In the North of Argentina, there are still some small villages of pre-Columbian cultures. These communities settled thousands of years ago on the slopes of the Pilcomayo River, maintaining a relationship of harmony and mutual respect with nature. Currently, the women of these towns make their crafts keeping the ancestral culture alive from the resources that the nature of the region provides them. The techniques and knowledge were passed between women from generation to generation. Each piece that they make is unique, weaving ties with an original culture, which brings us a legacy of respect for nature. Keeping these cultures alive, giving them value and promoting them is one of the objectives we have at ANDINA.